September 11, 2012
It’s that time again! As is the case every September, CFCR is proud to present our annual FM-Phasis fundraising drive! 2012 marks CFCR’s 21st year broadcasting at 90.5 MHZ on Saskatoon’s FM airwaves. And so, we bring you "Tune In, Turn Up," a two-week funding campaign that aims to raise $70,000 for Saskatoon’s one and only community radio station.
The funds raised during FM-Phasis go towards improving your listening experience, from upgrades to our equipment to ever-expanding and improving our online presence (remember, you can listen to us right here at CFCR.ca). There are lots of exciting things happening around FM-Phasis, including Grand Prizes, Early Bird Prizes as well as FM-Phasis Fest, a six-show $5-a-show music festival spread across of the funding drive.
So here is your complete guide to FM-Phasis 2012:
FM-Phasis runs from September 15th to 28th. This year, there are even more devices you can use to pledge your support to CFCR:
- Land-Based or Mobile Telephone: You can call your favourite host while he or she is on the air. Just call the studio at (306) 242-5002 and the host will take your pledge right then and there! You can also call the office line at (306) 664-6678 to give your pledge information to one of our hard-working volunteers. We are ready, willing and able to accept cash, cheque, MasterCard and Visa as payment for your phone-in pledge.
- Personal Computer, Laptop Computer or Smart Mobile Telephone: We are happy to offer a secure PayPal donation option, so you can be anywhere in the world with the internet and show your support to CFCR. You don't even need a PayPal account to pay online, just a major credit card. Be sure to specify which show you want to donate to so each host can really feel the love.
Your Feet: If you’re in the mood for a stroll, we’ll be happy to welcome you (and your donations) at our downtown Saskatoon headquarters. We're located on the 3rd floor of 267 3rd Avenue South. Our offices are open extended hours during FM-Phasis. We'll be here to take your pledge from 9am to 9pm seven days a week. We accept cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and Debit on site.
Now, you might be asking yourself, "How much should I pledge?" Well, while we are happy to accept any pledge, no matter how small, there are some perks to loosening those purse strings a bit. Here's a list of what you can get with your pledge:
- Donate $10 or more and receive a limited edition Community Radio “Tune In, Turn Up” Fridge Magnet.
- Donate $25 or more and be entered into Grand Prize draw #1 (see below for more info on our Grand Prizes) and choose a CD or gift certificate/physical prize from our prize list (100s to choose from!).
- Donate $75 or more and be entered into Grand Prize draws #1 and #2. You also will receive a limited edition CFCR FM-Phasis T-Shirt and you get to choose more prizes from our fabulous prize list.
- Donate $150 or more and be entered into Grand Prize draws #1, #2 and #3, receive a limited edition Community Radio Scarf and, of course, an FM-Phasis T-Shirt and more CDs and gift certificates.
- Donate $250 or more and be entered into all four Grand Prize draws, in addition to all of the items in the previous level.
You can also listen for individual hosts offering up some of their own prizes on top of all the loot you'll be receiving from the station.
Once you’ve pledged your support to CFCR, it will be time to actually pay us (unless you did so up front!)… If you pledge $25 or more and pay before 5pm on Wednesday, October 3rd, you’ll also get your name put in to win one of the following Early Bird Prize draws:
Early Bird Prize #1: Awl Shoppe - 3 piece Travel Pro Luggage ($1000 value)
Early Bird Prize #2: Doug’s Spoke N’ Sport - Thule Cargo Box (roof box) - The Atlantis 1800 ($900 value)
The Early Bird draw will be made on The Buzz on Thursday, October 6th at 5:30pm.
Now check out the fabulous Grand Prizes that may be yours with your donation:
Grand Prize Draw #1: Delta Bessborough - Weekend Stay in the Mode Room ($500 value)
Includes: Two nights accommodation and $100 gift certificate for food at the Garden Court Café.
Grand Prize Draw #2: Broadway BID - $1000 Broadway Shopping Spree
Includes: Gift certificates from Cantrill, Herbs N’ Health, Blossoms/ The Upstairs Fondue, Optika, Bulk Cheese Warehouse, Weczeria, Enigma Salon, and Hats & That.
Grand Prize Draw #3: Manitou Springs Resort & Mineral Spa - Spa & Hotel Package ($1000 value)
Includes: Two nights accommodation in two Standard Rooms for four guests. Unlimited access to the Mineral Spa. Complimentary Hot Breakfast. $160 gift card for EACH Hotel Room to spend on dining at Sam’s Steakhouse, treatments at Serenity Massage & Esthetics, or shopping at the Gift Shop.
Grand Prize Draw #4: Original artwork by local artist Hugo Alvarado “Saskatchewan Landscape” ($2800)
So now you're set. If you have any questions regarding your donation or any of the information given above, please feel free to contact us by calling (306) 664-6678 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll have CFCR staff and/or board members present during our extended office hours (9am – 9pm everyday throughout the campaign) as well as our crack team of volunteers at the ready to process your donation.
CFCR would like to thank everyone for their support of community radio in Saskatoon! Help make "Tune In, Turn Up" CFCR’s best year ever by making your pledge today!