September 18, 2010
It's time! CFCR's FM-Phasis funding drive is finally upon us. This year, we bring you "Living Stereo," a two-week funding campaign that aims to raise $60,000 for your communtiy radio station in Saskatoon. The funds raised during FM-Phasis go towards improving your listening experience, from upgrades to our equipment to higher quality streaming capabilities online (remember, you can listen to us right here on the interweb). There are lots of exciting things happening around FM-Phasis, including Grand Prizes, Early Bird Prizes and a 15-show music festival spread across of the funding drive.
Here's your complete FM-Phasis run down:
FM-Phasis runs from September 18th to October 1st. There are several ways you can pledge your support to CFCR during that time. You can call your favourite host while he or she is on the air. Just call the studio at (306) 242-5002 and the host will take your pledge right then and there! You can also call the office line at (306) 664-6678 to give your pledge information to one of our hard-working volunteers. If the phone is not your thing, you can always donate online! We offer a secure PayPal donation option, so you can be anywhere in the world with the internet and show your support to CFCR. Be sure to specify which show you want to donate to so each host can really feel the love. You can, of course, always drop by the station in person to register your donation. We're located on the 3rd floor at 267 3rd Avenue South in beautiful downtown Saskatoon. Our offices are open extended hours during FM-Phasis. We'll be here to take your pledge from 8am to 10pm from Monday to Friday and 9am to 10pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Now, you might be asking yourself, "how much should I pledge?" Well, while we are happy to accept any pledge, no matter how small, there are some perks to loosening the purse strings, just a little bit. Here's a list of what you get with your pledge:
- Donate $10 or more and receive a limited edition "Living Stereo" magnet, featuring an amazing logo designed by Saskatoon ex-pat Scott Kowalchuk. See our Main Page if you haven't seen the design yet.
- Donate $25 or more and choose a CD or an item from our list of prizes donated by generous local merchants. You'll also be entered into Grand Prize Draw #1 to win an $800 clothing package from Doug's Spoke & Sport.
- For a $75 donation, you'll receive a limited edition "Living Stereo" t-shirt, your selection of items from the prize list as well as entry into Grand Prize Draws #1 and #2. The second Grand Prize is an American-made Highway One Fender Straocaster guitar from St. John's Music. This guitar is valued at $1050.
- Step up to a $150 donation and you'll get all the swag mentioned above, as well as a limited edition "Living Stereo" canvas grocery/record shopping bag. You also get your name into three Grand Prize draws, the third of which is for a Gourmet Dining Package valued at $1500-2000, courtesy Planet S magazine.
- If you're ready to roll really high with a donation of $250 or more, you'll also be entered in the fourth and final Grand Prize draw for an original piece of framed artwork by local artist extrordinaire Hugo Alvarado. The painting, entitled "Cityscape" is valued at $2750.
Listen for individual hosts offering up some of their own prizes on top of all the loot you'll be receiving.
Okay, now you've pledged your cash to CFCR and really become our collective hero. But wait, there's more. If you actually pay your pledge of $25 or more before 5pm on Monday, October 4th, you also get your name put into our Early Bird Prize draw, for either an original, framed painting by local up-and-coming artist Paul Pybus valued at $600, or a Swiss Army Luggage set from the Awl Shoppe worth $880.
So now you're set. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your donation or any of the information given above, please feel free to contact us by calling (306) 664-6678. We'll have CFCR staff and/or board members present during our extended office hours.
Thanks for supporting community radio in Saskatoon! Help make "Living Stereo" a record-setting year. Make your pledge today!