« View All News
Sep 8, 2015
(To be directed to our FM-Phasis Fundraising Shows and to purchase tickets, click here)
CFCR is proud to present the FM-Phasis fundraising drive for 2019 - "Alternative AlgoRhythm"
We know that there are lots of ways to find new music these days, from the hold music at your doctor’s office, to seeing a band live on-stage, to that cool cousin who always has their finger on the pulse of “what’s hip.” Online streaming services have developed computer algorithms in order to predict what you might want to hear next, but at CFCR, we have a dedicated team of real, live, Volunteer Hosts, right here in Saskatoon, who bring you a wide array of Music Shows, Multicultural programs, and Spoken Word presentations. It’s always fresh, and sometimes not what you’d expect. We like to think of it as an "Alternative AlgoRhythm", created especially for you, our listeners.
This year marks our 28th year of volunteer broadcasting at 90.5FM in Saskatoon and area! For more on our history, visit the About Us page.
The funds raised during FM-Phasis campaign go towards improving your listening experience, from upgrades to our equipment to ever-expanding and improving our online presence (remember, you can listen to us online at cfcr.ca, or via the mobile app).
FM-Phasis is essential to CFCR’s existence. It accounts for 15-20% of CFCR’s annual operating budget, with a goal of $80,000 this year. The funds raised during past FM-Phasis campaigns have been directed towards continued improvements and upgrades for the station, including moving to a new and improved location, new studio equipment, production studio renovations, 1480-watt transmitter, security system, webcasting, and a CFCR mobile app.
- Upgrading Computer/Server System ($5,000-$10,000)
- Server space is vital for things like better Content Archiving and Digitization of the Library.
- A new Board for the On-Air Studio ($15,000-$20,000)
- New Production Studio Equipment ($2,000-$5,000)
- New CD Players (In constant demand. They are getting more expensive and don’t last as long)
- Yearly costs - our rent is close to $50,000 and our transmitter bill for rent and power is just under $10,000
There are lots of exciting things happening around FM-Phasis, including metric tonnes of prizes for your donation, plus amazing Grand Prize and Early Bird Prize draws (see below!).
Here is your complete guide to FM-Phasis 2019!
FM-Phasis 2019 runs from Saturday, September 21st to Friday, October 4th. There are lots of ways to easily pledge your support to CFCR:
- Land-Based or Mobile Telephone: You can call your favourite host while they are on the air. Just call the studio at (306) 242-5002 and the host will take your pledge right then and there! You can also call the office line at (306) 664-6678 to give your pledge information to one of our hard-working volunteers. We are ready, willing and able to accept cash, cheque, MasterCard and Visa as payment for your phone-in pledge.
- Personal Computer, Laptop Computer or "Smart" Telephone: We are happy to offer a PayPal donation option, so you can be anywhere in the world with the internet and show your support to CFCR. You don't even need a PayPal account to pay online, just a major credit card. Be sure to specify which CFCR program you want to donate to so each host can really feel the love. And hey, while you're at it, you can download the CFCR mobile app for iPhone and Android!
- In-person: If you’re in the mood for a stroll, we’ll be happy to welcome you (and your donations) at our downtown Saskatoon headquarters. We're located on the 3rd floor of 267 3rd Avenue South (stair access only, with our sincere apologies on not being fully accessible). Our offices are open extended hours during FM-Phasis. We'll be here to take your pledge from 9am to 9pm, seven days a week. We accept cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and debit on-site.
Now, you might be asking yourself, "How much should I pledge?" Well, while we are happy to accept any pledge, no matter how small, there are some perks to loosening those purse strings a bit. Here's a list of what you can get with your pledge:
Pledges must be paid by Friday Nov. 8th, 2019 at 6pm to be entered into the Grand Prize Draws. The draws will be made on Tuesday Nov. 12th, 2019 and will be announced on The Buzz (5-6pm).
GRAND PRIZE DRAW #1: All donations of $25 or more will be entered to win one of:
Doug’s Spoke N’ Sport - Doug's Shopping Spree ($800 value)
Winterruption 2020 Prize Pack - The Broadway Theatre ($1400 value)
3 night stay at Delta Hotel downtown Saskatoon, 3 "dinner for two" gift cards at Odla ($75 value), Amigos ($50 value) & Calories ($75 value), 2 tickets for every Winterruption venue (Broadway Theatre, Amigos, Louis’, Sheraton, Black Cat Tavern, Refinery, Coors Event Centre, and Capitol Music Club - individual shows to be chosen by CFCR winner after Winterruption lineup announcement in November 2019), plus Winterruption Merch!
GRAND PRIZE DRAW #2: All donations of $75 or more will be entered to win:
St. John's Music - Fender Redondo Special Acoustic Guitar in a beautiful Matte Black finish, Fender padded soft case, Fender Mustang II Amp, Elixir Polyweb Acoustic Strings (Custom Light, 80/20 Bronze), and Fender 10ft deluxe guitar cable in Black Tweed. ($1225 value)
GRAND PRIZE DRAW #3: All $150 and more donations will be entered to win::
Hearth Restaurant Casual Fine Dining Gift Cards ($800 value)
GRAND PRIZE DRAW #4: All donations of $250 or more will be entered to win:
Escape Sports - SUPER73-S1 Electric Motorbike ($3299.99 value)
EARLY BIRD PRIZE
Pledges of $25 or more paid by Monday, October 21st, 2019 at 6pm will be entered into the Early Bird Draws. The winners will be announced on Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019 on The Buzz (5-6pm)
The Awl Shoppe prize pack featuring an Epic Spinner 30" Phantom, Epic 22" Phantom, Lifepack Backpack w/ Solarbank Speaker, Ricardo Garment Bag, ($1065 value)
You can also listen for individual hosts offering up some of their own prizes on top of all the loot you'll be receiving from the station.
So now you're set. If you have any questions regarding your donation or any of the information given above, please feel free to contact us by calling (306) 664-6678 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll have CFCR staff and/or supervisors present during our extended office hours (9am – 9pm every day throughout the campaign) as well as our crack team of volunteers at the ready to process your donation.
CFCR would like to thank everyone for their support of community radio in Saskatoon. Help make “Alternative AlgoRhythm” CFCR’s best fundraising year ever by making your pledge today!
FM-Phasis 2019 “Alternative AlgoRhythm” design by Saskatoon (and CFCR's) very own Emily Only Design + Creative.