« View All News
Apr 26, 2021
The Community Radio Society of Saskatoon (CFCR 90.5FM) is conducting its 2021 Annual General Meeting online via Zoom, and we're looking for new faces in the community to join our Board of Directors. We encourage you to apply below if you would like to contribute to Community Radio here in Saskatoon!
To apply to become a CFCR Board Member, you must hold a current 2021/22 CFCR Membership Card, which you can sign up for HERE. You can then download a nomination form by clicking HERE. You will need support from two current 2021/22 CFCR members to be officially nominated. Once you've completed the nomination form, you can send it to email@example.com. Once officially nominated, you will have an opportunity to tell us about yourself and why you want to be on the CFCR Board at the AGM.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 at 11:59 pm. If you have questions or concerns about the nomination process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-664-6678.
To attend and participate in the AGM, CFCR Members in good standing must register in advance by emailing email@example.com (please include your 2021/22 CFCR Membership number). The deadline to register for the meeting is Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 11:59 pm. CFCR Memberships can be renewed online by following the link HERE.
All valid registrants will be emailed the meeting Zoom link on the morning of Tuesday, May 25th, 2021, with the AGM taking place later that night at 7 pm.
The Zoom app can be downloaded at Apple/Android app stores for all smartphone users. For desktop/laptop users, please follow the link HERE. If you do not have access to the internet or do not wish to participate using zoom, we can provide registered participants with a phone number to call into the zoom meeting. Please let us know if this applies to you when you register.
We hope you can join us!
What does being on our Board mean? Specifically, you will attend monthly Board meetings (currently over zoom). Broadly, The duties and responsibilities of the Board of Directors are:
- To determine the mission and vision of the Society and review them regularly.
- To approve an annual budget and oversee adherence to it; control investments and management of capital assets; ensure adequate funding resources to sustain Community Radio and ensure CRTC compliance and high quality programming.
- To advocate for public policy and community support in the best interest of Community Radio.
- To hire, support and evaluate the performance of the General Manager and, if necessary, effect dismissal
- To encourage membership in the Society.
- To yearly assess its compliance with these duties and responsibilities.