CFCR is always looking for new people to join our team of On-Air Volunteers who are enthusiastic, responsible and eager to make great Community Radio!
Whether you'd like to host one of our exisiting daytime shows (Green Eggs & Ham, The Swing Shift, The Buzz, etc), or if you have a great idea for a brand new Spoken Word, Multicultural or music show, we want to know about it. Hosting at CFCR is a really fun way to discover new music, ideas and new things about our community, all the while bringing top-notch volunteer radio to the city and surrounding area.
If you're interested in becoming either a Fill-In Or Regular Host on one of CFCR's existing programs (Green Eggs & Ham, The Swing Shift, etc), download the Host Application in Word (.docx) / PDF formats. If you have an idea for a specific show that offers something not currently on CFCR's airwaves, download the Program Proposal (Word (.docx) / PDF). Just fill the form that applies to you out, and email it our Program Director Jay Allen. If you have any questions, you can call Jay at (306) 664-6678 during office hours (Mon-Fri, 10am-6pm).
CFCR gladly provides on-air studio training, and NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED!
There are several ways you can become involved in the station as an off-air volunteer, with various levels of commitment. Follow this link for more information and the application form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions after reviewing the form.
COVID Protocols for Volunteer Hosts
Studio Cleaning Checklist
***DO NOT SPRAY MIXING BOARD, KEYBOARD, MOUSE or MICROPHONE DIRECTLY!!***
Use a disinfectant wipe (if available) or disinfectant spray on a paper towel and wipe these things down:
- Microphone and microphone arm
- Mouse, keyboard
- CD players, turntables, and aux cables if used
- Counter space
- Light switch if used
The OUTGOING Host is responsible for cleaning the studio AT THE END OF THEIR SHOW, BEFORE THE AD BREAK STARTS.
Two People MAX will be permitted in the studios. This means either a Host and Co-Host, or a Host and Guest. Guests should wear a mask at all times when at the station.
Hosts are responsible for informing their Guests of the station’s COVID policies, and ensuring that they adhere to them when at the station. Guests should wait in the conference room until the outgoing Host is gone, and leave the studio before the sanitizing]starts, to avoid too many people passing in the hallways.
Protocol for live Show Hosts: What to do when you arrive at the station
• Sanitize or wash your hands
• Wait in Music Library/Board Room/Waiting Room until cleaning is done.
• The outgoing Host should have the commercials programmed at the latest 10 minutes before the end of their show. The Host should have a song to end the program (at least 3-4 mins long). They will do their last talk spot BEFORE playing this song, and then sanitize the studio. This task should be completed by the time the song ends, and then the ads should be started (ads should start about 3 mins before the hour/half-hour (ie: 12:27/12:57).
• The incoming host should have everything ready to go after the cleaning has taken place, and can then begin their show.
Protocol for Spoken Word Show Hosts: What to do when you arrive at the station
• Sanitize or wash your hands upon arrival
• When you come for your first shift, please check in with Kaley, or another staff member if he is not here, to review the Production Studio cleaning protocols and/or get a tutorial
• Hosts will be responsible for cleaning the Production Studio after recording.
• Note: hosts may record interviews digitally using programs such as Zoom. Kaley can also give tutorials on how to record a phoner in the Production Studio.
Volunteer Hosts will sign the Host Agreement for Entry prior to entry into CFCR office and studio space.